Who we are
Waterloo Quay Properties Limited ("WQP", "us" or "we") is the Data Controller over any personal data we process about you for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. WQP is committed to protecting your personal data and adheres to the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when processing your personal data. This privacy notice outlines what personal data WQP collects from you through your interaction with this website http://www.waterlooquay.com (the "website") and how we use your data. Please read through the privacy notice to understand how WQP uses and protects the information obtained from those visiting and using its websites. If you have any concerns about WQP's processing of your personal data or you have a general enquiry in relation to data protection please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or by telephone 01224 565000.
Through accessing our website and/or submitting an enquiry through the websites you are consenting to the collection, retention and use of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy notice.
What is personal data?
Personal Data: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Special Category of Data: means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation.
When we use the term 'personal data' we mean both personal data and special category of data.
What personal data is WQP processing?
• Personal details (such as your name, e-mail address and telephone number) which you provide by submitting an enquiry via the website.
• How you use the website and any other information you post, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
• IP addresses - we may collect information where available about your IP (internet protocol) address, operating system and browser type. This data provides us with information about users' browsing actions and patterns. It is used to inform improvements to the website and for internal system administration.
Where did WQP obtain my personal data from?
The personal data (name, e-mail and telephone number) is gathered from the information you input on the website's enquiry page. IP addresses may be collected, where available, from data subjects when they access the WQP website.
Where will WQP keep my data?
Why is WQP processing my personal data?
WQP is processing your personal data for the purposes of responding to enquiries and/or sending you communications about events, activities or projects WQP is running or otherwise supporting. In relation to IP addresses, we use this to inform improvements to the website and for internal system administration. By using the WQP website and providing your personal data via the enquiry page or otherwise through the website you are consenting to WQP processing your personal data for these purposes.
Will my personal data be shared with any other organisation/third parties and if so, why?
WQP will only share your personal data with Google. We will not share your personal data with any other organisation or third parties without seeking your prior consent. An exception to this would be where we are required to share your personal data in accordance with law or any regulatory requirement to which WQP is subject or where we are undergoing a corporate restructure.
To access Google’s Privacy & Terms site, please click here.
Will my personal data be shared outside of the EEA?
WQP will not share your personal data outside of the EEA without first seeking your prior consent.
Is my personal data safe?
WQP works hard to protect your personal data and have adopted appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep it safe from unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to WQP via the internet; any transmission is at your own risk.
How can I stop WQP using my personal data for marketing purposes if I no longer wish to receive communications from WQP?
If you no longer wish to receive communication from WQP via e.g. our monthly newsletter and would like your personal data removed from our database please e-mail our Communications Department on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01224 565000.
How long will WQP retain my personal data?
WQP will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for or until such time that you withdraw your consent and exercise your right to request that WQP stops processing your personal data.
Does WQP make any automated decisions about me or profile my personal data?
WQP does not make automated decisions about you and also does not profile your personal data.
What are my rights in relation to the personal data WQP holds about me?
We have summarised your rights below. Please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com to exercise these.
• If we are relying on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time, at which point we shall stop processing your personal data in that way. Please note this does not affect the legality of our processing up to the date of your withdrawal of consent.
• You can seek to restrict our processing of your personal data, ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you or object to us processing your personal data for the purposes stated above.
• You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think that we have infringed your rights. You can find more information about reporting a matter to the ICO at the following link: https://ico.org.uk/
• You have the right to access personal data held by us about you.
• In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to allow you (or us on your behalf) to transmit this information to another party. More information can be found at https://ico.org.uk
• In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you. Such circumstances include (a) where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes set out above; (b) if you withdraw your consent to our processing; (c) if you object to our processing based on our legitimate interest and we have no overriding legitimate grounds to continue processing your personal data; (d) if we process the data unlawfully; or (e) where the personal data has to be erased to comply with legal obligation to which we are subject. We will consider any such request in line with GDPR. Please note this is not an absolute right and there may be circumstances where we choose not to delete all of the personal data we hold about you. More information about your right of erasure can be found at https://ico.org.uk
Third Party Links
WQP's website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these notices or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these notices before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice. However, any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be communicated to you in some manner.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org